Caesar salad with musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 500 g mussels
- 75 ml white wine
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices of white bread, without the crust
- 4 tablespoon of oliveoil
- 1 anchovy fillets in oil (tinned), drained
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 heads little gem or cabbage lettuce hearts
- 1 red onion, in rings
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken and shells that do not close after a firm tap. Pour the mussels, wine and celery into a large, high-sided pan. Add a generous amount of ground pepper. Boil the mussels covered for 6-8 minutes or until all of the shells are open.
- Hard boil the eggs for 8 minutes and then cut them into segments. Cut the bread into cubes and mix with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toast the bread in a dry pan until crispy and golden brown. Shake salt onto the croutons.
- Chop the anchovy fillet into small sections and beat them into the lemon juice, the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the mayonnaise until you have a smooth dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the lettuce and divide the leaves over the 4 plates. Spread the mussels with the egg sections, the onion rings and the croutons over the lettuce. Spoon the dressing over the salad and garnish with the grated parmesan cheese.Tip For a meal salad, add crispy bacon and slices of tomato. Tasty with crispy baguette.