Mussel salad sandwichIngredients (1 person):
- 500 g mussels
- 75 ml white wine
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon of crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 4 hard buns of your choice
- 4-8 leaves of cabbage lettuce
- 2 tablespoons of garden or rocket cress, freshly cut from the bed
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken and shells that do not close after a firm tap. Pour the mussels, wine and celery into a large, high-sided pan. Add a generous amount of ground pepper. Boil the mussels covered for 6-8 minutes or until all of the shells are open. Remove the mussels from the shells.
- Hard boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Shock them under cold water and then peel the eggs. Finely chop the eggs with an egg cutter or by hand.
- Mix the mayonnaise into the crème fraîche and the curry powder. Carefully mix in the egg and the mussels. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the sandwiches open. Fill them with cabbage lettuce and a generous spoonful of mussel salad. Garnish them with the garden or rocket cress.Tip Serve the mussel salad as an appetizer in small, crispy cabbage lettuce leaves.