Mussel cocktailIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 bunch celery
- 6 quail eggs
- 1 stick of blanched celery
- 1 fresh sweet apple, e.g. elstar
- 25 g lettuce
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon lemon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Put the mussels, wine and celery into a large, high-sided pan. Grind a generous amount of pepper over it. Boil the mussels, covered for 6-8 minutes or until all of the shells are open. Remove the mussels from the shells.
- Hard boil the quail eggs for 4 minutes. Peel the eggs and cut them in half. Peel the blanched celery with a thin peeler and cut into small curved strips. Cut the apple into thin slices.
- Divide the lettuce, mussels, blanched celery, onion and the apple over 6 coupes or (wine) glasses. To make the dressing, mix the crème fraîche with the mayonnaise and
the curry powder. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Pour a generous spoonful of dressing into each glass.
- Finish the cocktails with the quail eggs.Variation tip The apple gives the cocktail a fresh accent. Would you prefer full and creamy? Replace the apple with a ripe avocado.
Party? Prepare the cocktail and only spoon the curry dressing into the glasses just before serving. Sprinkle the apple with lemon or lime juice so that the flesh of the fruit stays fresh.