Mussels in garlic-parsley butterIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 1 leek, in rings
- 150 ml white wine
- 100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 baguette
- 4 single-serving oven dishes
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Put the leek and the wine in a high-sided pan. Place the mussels on top. Grind a generous amount of pepper over it. Boil the mussels covered for 6-8 minutes or until all of the shells are open.
- In the meantime, mix the butter, garlic and parsley into a creamy herb butter in a deep plate. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 ºC. Remove the mussels from the shells and divide them over 4 oven dishes. Garnish the mussels with flakes of herb butter.
- Allow the herb butter to melt over the mussels for 5 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Serve them with baguette.Tip For pesto butter, replace the parsley and garlic with 1-2 tablespoons of pesto alla genovese.