Chilli with musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 300 g white rice
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red and/or yellow pepper, in strips
- 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 tins of peeled tomatoes (400 g)
- 2 tins of kidney beans (400 g), drained
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves
- 150 ml Greek yoghurt or sour cream
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Boil the rice in accordance with the instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion with the garlic. Then add the pepper and fry for 2 minutes. Mix in the cumin and the chilli powder.
- Add the tinned tomato. Crush the tomato with a spatula. Boil the sauce at a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix the beans into the tomato sauce. Lay the mussels in the pan. Stew the mussels, covered for 8 minutes or until all of the shells open. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the mint leaves over the chilli. Serve with the rice and a large spoon of yoghurt or sour cream.Tip Delicious with iceberg lettuce and yoghurt dressing.