Mussel curry with perfumed riceIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 300 g basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon of mild Indian curry paste (pot)
- 1 paksoi, in strips
- 200 g sugar snaps
- 1 pack of creamy coconut milk (200 ml)
- 2 naan breads - coriander and garlic, in strips
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Boil the rice in accordance with the instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion. Mix in the curry paste. Add the paksoi and sugar snaps and fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan. Lay the mussels on top of the vegetables. Boil the mussels, covered for 8 minutes, or until all of the shells are open. In the meantime, toast the strips of naan in the toaster.
- Sprinkle coriander onto the mussel curry. Serve with the rice and the naan.Tip Save the rest of the curry paste in the refrigerator. Curry paste is also a delicious flavouring in soups, sauces and stir-fry meals with mussels.