Crostini with musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of pine nut seeds
- Approximately 75 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, in segments
- hand blender or food processor
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Put the mussels, wine and celery into a large high-sided pan. Grind a generous quantity of pepper over it. Boil the mussels, covered for 6-8 minutes, or until all of the shells are open. Remove the mussels from the shells.
- Toast the baguette in a toaster, dry frying pan or a hot oven (200 ºC) until golden brown and crispy.
- Keep some (small) basil leaves separate as a garnish. Puree the rest of the basil with the garlic, pine nut seeds and olive oil into a creamy paste with the hand blender or the food processor. Mix in the cheese. Add salt and pepper to the pesto to taste.
- Spread the pesto onto the crostini. Divide the mussels and the tomatoes over the crostini and garnish with the basil that you have kept separate.Tip For rocket pesto, replace the basil with 1/2 bag of rocket (75 g). You can make red pesto with sun-dried tomatoes in oil (from a pot).