Marinated musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 1 kg mussels
- 150 ml white wine
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chili pepper, seedless and in thin rings
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs. E.g., parsley, dill and/or chervil, finely chopped
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Put the mussels, wine and celery in a large high-sided pan. Grind a generous quantity of pepper over it. Boil the mussels, covered for 6-8 minutes, or until all of the shells are open. Take the mussels out of the shells.
- Scrub 1 lemon clean. Grate the peel off and squeeze the lemon. Beat a marinade of lemon juice, the lemon zest and the olive oil in a bowl. Mix in the chili pepper, the garlic and the herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the mussels into the marinade and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Divide the mussels over dishes or glasses. Cut the last lemon into small segments or slices and serve with the marinated mussels. Provide cocktail sticks. Tasty with a glass of (white) beer.
Tip Serve marinated mussels at a party alongside olives and nuts: easy and stylish!