Couscous salad with cumin musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 2 kg mussels
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 300 g couscous
- 3 tomatoes, seedless in cubes
- 1 cucumber, in cubes
- 1 red onion, in half rings
- 5-6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 150 g feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mint or flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pita bread, as a side dish
Preparing step by step:
- Check the mussels: throw away shells that are broken or that do not close after a firm tap. Put the garlic and the cumin in a layer of water (1 cm) in a pan. Add the mussels. Steam the mussels covered for 6-8 minutes, or until all of the shells are open.
- Sprinkle the couscous into a dish. Pour on 500 ml of hot water. Soak the couscous for 5 minutes. Stir the grains loose with a fork.
- Mix the tomato, the cucumber, the onion, the olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon through the couscous. Add the feta and the mint or parsley and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the couscous salad with the cumin mussels, the last slices of lemon and the bread. Tasty with garlic sauce.Steam oven A steam oven is ideal for mussels: lay the mussels in a steam oven pan (without holes) and steam them until cooked in the pre-heated steam oven for 8 minutes or until all of the shells are open. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 finely chopped clove of garlic to the couscous salad.
Trendy tip! You can also replace the couscous with bulgur (steamed, dried and broken wheat). Grains such as quinoa and spelt are very trendy. They are nutritious, contain a great many good nutrients and are extremely tasty. A large range of grains is available in biological shops and delicatessens. Bulgur and quinoa are available in larger supermarkets.