Mussels with spinach, fennel, white onions and tomatoIngredients (1 person):
- 4 kg mussels
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 large sweet white onion
- 1 large fennel root
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 2 large handfuls of pan-ready fresh spinach (approximately 300 g)
- Pepper and salt
Preparing step by step:
- Rinse the mussels. Check them and remove any broken mussels.
- Skin the tomatoes, cut them into quarters, remove the seeds and cut the pieces in half.
- Cut or slice the fennel into thin slices and cut the leaves coarsely.
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- Put the mussels, onion and fennel into a large pan.
- Add the wine, put the lid on the pan and bring it to the boil. The broth will push the lid up when the mussels boil. Lift the lid and stir the mussels. Put the lid back on to the pan and allow the broth to push it up again in the same way twice.
- In the meantime, stir-fry the spinach and add the chunks of tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mixture to the mussels.
- Shake the pan and sprinkle with fennel leaves before serving.Tip Tasty with French fries and, for example, mustard sauce: mix ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise with ½ tablespoon of yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of coarse mustard.