Gazpacho with musselsIngredients (1 person):
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of peeled tomatoes (400 g)
- 250 ml vegetable bouillon, cold
- 12-18 boiled mussels (shelled)
- food processor or hand blender
Preparing step by step:
- Keep a piece of the cucumber, the pepper and the shallot separate to use as garnish. Remove the skin from the rest of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half, lengthwise, and scrape the seeds out with a teaspoon.
- Put the cucumber with the rest of the vegetables, the garlic and the tinned tomatoes into the food processor or a large measuring jug. Puree the vegetables in the food processor or using the hand blender.
- Add the bouillon and puree for another 10 seconds. Add salt and pepper to the gazpacho to taste.
- Place the gazpacho in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours (preferably overnight) so that the flavours can develop correctly. In the meantime, cut the vegetables that have been kept separate into very small cubes.
- Pour the cold gazpacho into small (wine) glasses and garnish them with the mussels and the vegetable cubes.Tip Make the gazpacho 1 day in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator. When you serve the gazpacho, immediately add some ice cubes to the soup, because this Spanish tapas classic is at its best when ice cold.